Graduation celebrations – 2021
The municipality of Linköping would like all students to have the opportunity to celebrate the completion of their secondary studies. This occasion marks a tremendous accomplishment for students and is truly a cause for celebration. But graduation celebrations will look a little different once again this year.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, this year’s graduation celebrations will be held in a different format, for everyone’s safety. It is important that we all take responsibility and do our part. Maintain social distance, do not gather in crowds and follow the instructions provided by your school. Together, we can all create a wonderful, memorable day for everyone.
Graduation in brief
- On Friday 11 June, the traditional utspring (running out of the school) for Linköping's municipal upper secondary schools will take place. Utspring times can be found on each individual upper secondary school’s website
- Meet your student at the designated time. In order to avoid crowding, it is important not to arrive too early and to keep a safe distance from one another
- Immediately after the utspring, the student and relatives will leave the schoolyard together. There will be staff on site to direct you
- Only two people per student are allowed to participate in the celebration
- The utspring will take place by individual class throughout the day. The times will be spread out so that there will be plenty of space in the schoolyard for those who come to greet their student
- If you feel sick – even with mild cold symptoms – please stay home
- If you belong to an at-risk group and have not yet received a vaccine, you should not come to greet your student
Graduation is a milestone in life. This year, we all need to show consideration for each other while we celebrate.