Hoppa till huvudinnehåll

Trustees for children arriving alone in Sweden

A child under 18 years of age who comes to Sweden without a residence permit and without parents or other accompanying adult shall be assigned a trustee. A trustee shall speak on behalf of the child to the authorities.

It may involve school, accommodation or contact with social services for instance. Examples of the kind of duties carried out by a trustee are applying for a residency permit, applying for support under the Social Services Act, administering the child's money, or signing a rental contract.

The application regarding the need for a trustee can be sent to the Chief Guardian's Office in the municipality where the child is resident. The Chief Guardian's Office decides whether to appoint a trustee or whether to terminate the appointment.

Chief Guardian's Office and Committee

To e-mail form for Chief Guardian's Office and Committee


Phone: 013-20 69 99
Phone hours: Monday - Thursday 10:00-11:30

Visiting address: S:t Larsgatan 41 (see map) Hours: Monday - Thursday 10:00-11:30

Visiting address : S:t Larsgatan 41 Hours: Monday - Thursday 10:00-11:30

Mailing address: Linköpings kommun
581 81 Linköping

Fax: 013-20 59 61

Last updated 19 April 2018

Chatta. Fäll ut menyn

Kontakt Linköping

Välkommen till Linköpings kommuns chatt. Chatten är öppen vardagar kl 8-16.

Vi som svarar är samhällsvägledare på Kontakt Linköping. Om du lämnar personuppgifter till oss behandlar vi dem såhär: